What is LOL ROCK?
LOL ROCK activities are for students in the 5th and 6th grades. Typically, the monthly gatherings consist of three things: devotional time, relationship-building fun, and refreshments. This ministry nurtures students’ faith and encourages the development of a life-long relationship with Jesus Christ. Dates, times and cost for LOL ROCK events vary.
Contact: Karen Blank, LOL ROCK Coordinator (407.273.6558 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
LOL ROCK Calendar (264 KB)
LOL Rock Emergency Form (241 KB)
Our goal is for students to be:
1. Aware of their identity as a redeemed Child of God;
2. Equipped to fully participate in the life of the community of faith.
Through the LOL ROCK program, students will...
- Discover that church is a safe place to establish and build relationships;
- Grow in their knowledge that God loves and cares for them unconditionally;
- Learn that they have already “won the race” through the love, sacrifice, and victory of Jesus their Savior;
- Respect and accept their peers by understanding the “unfair” concepts of grace and mercy;
- Apply Biblical concepts to life, especially to relationships with family and friends.
Parents of students in the LOL ROCK program will become...
- Eager participants, transforming their “fear of teens” into loving and meaningful relationships;
- Confident in their ability to engage their child in faith conversations.
Parent Volunteers in the LOL ROCK program will…
- Discover opportunities to deepen their faith;
- See the world through the eyes of their children;
- Appreciate the social interaction of their children and peers.