What is J.A.M.?
J.A.M. activities are for middle school students in 7th and 8th grades. A typical gathering incorporates three things: Bible study, fellowship, and small groups. This ministry builds peer relationships and motivates students to develop their life-long relationship with Jesus Christ.J.A.M. events typically occur on Friday nights.
Contact: Megan Skelton, Director of Christian Education (407.365.3408) or firstname.lastname@example.org)
JAM Emergency Form 14-15 (308 KB)
Our goal is for students to be:
2. Equipped to fully participate in the life of the community of faith.
Through the J.A.M. program, students will…
- Build upon the goals of LOL ROCK (Ministry for students in 5th and 6th grades);
- Learn to dialogue with each other and adult mentors about faith issues and topics;
- Develop a positive self-image as creations of God;
- Establish a firm foundation in Christian basics;
- Expand ownership of their faith.
Parents of students in the J.A.M. program will become...
- Partners in ministry. We believe that parents (not the church) will always be the biggest influence on their children's lives in every way--including spiritually. We want to work with you, the most powerful, influential people to help our students grow in their relationship with Jesus.
- Eager to be actively engaged in their kids' spiritual growth as well as their own.
- Confident in their ability to engage their child in faith conversations.
Parent Volunteers in the J.A.M. program will…
- Discover opportunities to deepen their faith;
- See the world through the eyes of their children;
- Appreciate the social interaction of their children and peers.