Faith that Grows
“Learning is like breathing: it involves a taking in and processing of experience and a putting out or expression of what is learned.” - David A . Kolb
One way God intensifies His relationship with us is by immersing us in the study of His Word. At St. Luke’s, our identity flows out of activities and conversations centered in God’s Word. We offer opportunities for reflecting, action, thinking and feeling in the context of Christian learning that bring us closer to a deep, personal relationship with Christ.
These communities of learning foster the development of ongoing spiritual growth, deeper relationships and a yearning for more. The goal? To develop a deep abiding sense of God's presence and activity that shows itself in all aspects of life.
Explorations is a class especially intended for adults who are interested in exploring the meaning of faith in Jesus Christ and how they can grow in their faith at St. Luke’s Lutheran Church.
Sunday Morning Classes
Nikki Rach, Suite C
While we may not consider ourselves rich; a home with an income greater than $35,000 is in the top 3% and a home with an income of $50,000 is in the top 1% worldwide. Such wealth leads to undiscovered excess.
- This Lent, explore, examine and eliminate these areas for excess: clothing, food, stress, media, possessions, waste & spending
Church History II (Reformation to Present)
Michael Eatmon, Suites A & B
- Identify key names, dates, places, and events in Church history
- Discern the Holy Spirit’s work in preserving the Gospel’s integrity from the failures of men
- Understand why modern Christians believe and practice as they do
Bill Reinhardt, School Cafeteria
- Explore in depth the Biblical text used for the day’s sermon.
- Enrich your understanding of scripture’s larger context.
- Identify ways to apply the teachings to your daily life.
- Discover God’s work in the lives of His people after the Book of Acts.
- Discuss current church issues that have been encountered centuries before.
- Gain a better understanding of God’s work in the church today.
Women’s Bible Study: Rediscovering the Gospel (9:30 am in Suites A&B)
Leader: Pastor Arp
- Gain an ever-deepening understanding of God’s immeasurable love in Christ.
- Explore specific ways to apply that love to others.
- Build the unique fellowship that is ours in Christ.
Explorations (Wednesdays, starting on May 22 at 6:30 pm and Sundays, starting on May 19 at 12:15 pm in Suites A&B)
Leader: Pastor Roberts
Explorations is an opportunity to explore life and its meaning from a Christian perspective. It is a place to ask questions about the chief teachings of the Christian Faith as they are believed, confessed and taught in the Lutheran Church. The course is relaxed, nonthreatening and fun. The classes are for individuals who do not have a church home and serve as a refresher for those with a Lutheran background.
New Testament Bethel ( 6:30 pm in Suite C)
Instructor: Melanie Watters
- Continue to grow in overall knowledge of the full biblical message.
- Explore the many facets of the life of Christ.
- Consider the development of the early Church and its impact on your Christian life.