Confirmation is an important facets of St. Luke’s educational ministry. A milestone in the spiritual training for 8th grade students at St. Luke’s School and 7th and 8th grade students in our church community, this is an opportunity for students to take ownership of their baptismal faith. They learn how to prepare for the Sacrament of Holy Communion and properly “examine” themselves (1 Corinthians 11:28). On this journey in Scriptural instruction students discover and live out their God-given identity as members of Christ’s body, the Church.
Contact: 407.365.3408 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Wanted: Adult Mentors for Student Ministries.
Class Content - Year #1
Class Content - Year #2
- Using/Understanding the Bible
- Catechism Overview
- Old Testament Overview and Review
- Catechism: 10 Commandments & their meanings
- Life of Christ
- Confirmation retreat—I Believe
- Catechism: Creed, Lord’s Prayer, Sacraments (including preparation for the Lord’s Supper)
- Final project
- Each week mentors lead the small group sessions. These groups foster students’ meaningful relationships with Christian adults or high school students. During these times they discuss faith issues and nurture faith that lasts a lifetime.